Is this for you?What to expectModalitiesReady to start?
What is Couples Therapy?
Couples therapy is a series of weekly sessions over a finite period of time that focuses on you and your partner as a couple. Throughout relationships, partners begin to develop certain patterns of communication. Think of this as the ‘partner’s dance.’ Couples therapy is an opportunity to look at the dance from different perspectives and decide to step out of a dysfunctional dance into a new dance that empowers your relationship. Relational difficulties are best worked out when both partners are willing to look in the mirror and see their strengths and weaknesses, owning their contribution to the dance, and making changes as needed to create the relationship that you both want.
At the first session, Shanna will guide couples to develop and communicate their goals for therapy and then together structure a program that will work for both to meet those goals.
If any of these describe your life right now, Couples Therapy might be for you.
- Angry at spouse
- Constant arguments
- Numb inside
- Fear of the future
- Bored out of your mind
- Tempted to cheat on your partner
- Tired of the emptiness
- Looking for a way out
- Same fights day after day
- Sexual tension
- Feeling unsafe to express yourself
- Intimacy issues
- Becoming your parents
- Unable to forgive past hurts
What outcomes can I expect from Couples Therapy?
- Help with intimacy issues (emotional, physical, and sexual)
- Improved trust between partners
- Support working through past infidelity
- Learning to deal with problematic sexual behaviors
- New patterns of behavior
- Better relationship
- Better conflict resolution
- Set healthy boundaries
- Acquire new skills for problem-solving
- Increased self-knowledge and knowledge of partner
- Greater sense of peace
- Understand and resolve martial gridlock
- Deeper intimacy
- Gain perspective and work through past resentments
- Identify the origins of your ‘couples dance’ and change the tune for a better dance
- Let go of guilt
What should I expect if I enter into Couples Therapy?
- Honest feedback
- Objective viewpoint
- Weekly 50 or 90-100 minute sessions
(may vary depending on couple’s goals and treatment plans)
- Weekly homework
- Information and education
- Concrete goals and real change
What will it cost?
- Average Price: $165 per session/$330 per 90-100 minute session
Modalities of therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Family Systems Theory
- Group Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
Click here to scheduleDownload Forms
Schedule your first session with Shanna to explore your goals and determine a plan that will help you get started, accomplish your goals, and sustain the change you desire in your life.
- Adolescent issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Addictions (food, sex, substance abuse)
- Body image issues
- Eating Disorders
- Grief/loss/end of life
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Partners of Addicts
- Life transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Family conflict
- Self Esteem
- Sexual abuse